Two weeks ago today EMC held our annual EMC Microsoft Specialist (or "MSpecialist") Technical Summit in Santa Clara, CA. This year's event was held over the course of three long days and brought together approximately 100 of EMC's Microsoft Specialists (considering this was the week following Thanksgiving holiday and the start of EMC's last month of our fiscal year – the turnout was amazing!).
During the course of the Summit EMC and Microsoft presented deep technical sessions on topics such as:
- Windows Server 2012 new features including Hyper-V 2012
- SQL Server 2012 including EMC best practices and integration
- System Center 2012 including EMC's System Center support and powershell cmdlets
- Exchange & Sharepoint 2013
- EMC technologies for local and remote data protection for Microsoft workloads
- EMC Storage Integrator (ESI) and building an EMC Microsoft Private Cloud demo center
- As well as many roadmap discussions for EMC products and solutions supporting and extending Microsoft workloads
One thing we did new this year was to incorporate hands-on labs following key sessions to use EMC's powerful virtual lab demos in which employees, partners or customers can access EMC's online labs to test out a particular product or set of technologies. There are currently many Microsoft related labs with many more being developed that we were able to access to help reinforce the topics being presented.
In total we covered over 30 different sessions across three days with an average day lasting 10 to 12 hours. It was a lot to ask of the MSpecialists but they stepped up to the challenge and participated throughout the entire event! Events like this really show why EMC has the best technical resources and why the bar is often set so high here compared to the rest of the industry! This event was no different with questioning, challenging and proposing ways to make our products and solutions even better!
What was truly incredible about this group and the dedication they made to the Summit is that in total 17 countries were represented with people flying in from Denmark, United Kingdom, Brazil, Germany, Mexico, Poland, Italy, China, South Africa, Netherlands, Spain, Australia, France, Israel, Ireland, and Belgium!
One thing missing was EMC partners and possibly even customers. If you fall into that category then stay tuned as this is something we plan to change in 2013! And if you're interested in learning more about EMC and Microsoft? Just ask, there's likely an EMC MSpecialist near you!