EMC World is just around the corner (May 6-9) and we are busy behind the scenes preparing for a big week! As part of EMC's Solutions Group (ESG), my team is responsible for helping to educate and promote EMC's many Microsoft solutions.
As you might imagine, there is a lot to talk about so the hardest part about something like this is how to cover everything (for a full listing of our Microsoft activities, be sure to check out this great overview on the Everything Microsoft at EMC Community)!
For starters we will be showcasing some key recent EMC solutions as part of the EMC ESG booth (#1035) at EMC World. This year we decided to focus on two major application categories that many customers tend to ask us about: Databases and Collaboration. Specifically we will have demos, publishes best practices and technical information about:
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 & Exchange 2013 (& earlier)
- Data Protection including Single Item Level Restore
- Virtualized Deployments for Messaging and Collaboration
- Multi-site Disaster Recovery
Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Highly Available SQL Server (including AlwaysOn Support)
- Xtrem Performance for SQL Databases
- End to End SQL Server Data Protection
The ESG booth will be highlighting integration with many key applications including Oracle, SAP and Cloud & Big Data so it will be a chance for attendees to meet with Subject Matter Experts in one place about their business applications.
What's unique about the booth this year is we will have a live art experience taking place all week with a speed painter performing his Paintjam and a contest for someone to win a trip for two to attend any museum in the world! It should be colorful (sorry, couldn't resist)!
There are also many sessions devoted to Microsoft technologies. I'll be presenting a topic entitled "Automate & Provision VNX Storage with Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track Solutions" where I'll be discussing EMC's continued support for Microsoft virtualization and Private Cloud technologies including Microsoft System Center. The session will cover automation and management orchestrator through our integration with technologies such as Virtual Machine Manager, Operations Manager and Microsoft Orchestrator.
You can find me on Tuesday, May 5th from 5:30-6:30PM in Lando 4201A or Thursday, May 9th from 1:00-2:00 in Palazzo A. Hope to see you there!
Additional sessions I would recommend for my Microsoft friends and followers include:
Powering Microsoft Applications with VNX – this is being delivered by my good friend Stefan Voss from EMC's Unified Division. He is awesome and you won't want to miss this as he discusses in-depth performance and support for key Microsoft workloads! This session will be on Monday, May 4th at 1:00-2:00 and Thursday from 8:30-9:30.
- Storage Provisioning, Monitoring & Orchestration of Your Microsoft Applications – another technical wizard and all around great guy, Giri Basava of our Microsoft Partner Engineering team will discuss EMC's Storage Integrator (ESI) for provisioning and managing in a Microsoft environment. Giri is fresh off his presentation at Microsoft's Management Summit (MMS) where he got great feedback! You can catch him on Tuesday from 4:00-5:00 (he's my warm up act) or Thursday May 9th from 1:00-2:00 (which unfortunately you will miss since you'll be in my session).
And many more sessions including:
- IT Trends: Microsoft SharePoint, Office and EMC Documentum – Better Together
- AppSync: Managing VNX Protection of Critical Microsoft Applications and VMware
- Optimize Business Application Performance & Protection with EMC Solutions for Microsoft, Oracle, SAP & VMware
- VMAX & Application Deployment: Best Practices for Virtualized Microsoft Applications
- VNX Family Integration with VMware, Microsoft and Citrix Virtualized Environments
- Accelerating SQL and Oracle Database Environments with EMC XtremSW Cache and EMC FAST
- EMC Backup: Strategies for Backup & Recovery of Microsoft Applications
And that's just the Microsoft focused sessions; there will be A LOT more on EMC technologies including new updates we can't talk about just yet! We'll also have the Hands-On Labs which have become one of the most popular parts of EMC World!
Are you a partner? Be sure to attend our Global Partner Summit that will be taking place at the same time (as well as EMC's SE Conference with all of our field SEs in town for their own separate training including many Microsoft sessions of their own).
It will be a wild week for sure and a lot of fun! If you are going then be sure to come by the ESG booth and say hi, I'll be there most of the week! If you're not going, then hurry up and register and book that flight to Vegas!
See you soon!